Sunday, July 20, 2008

And We're Off!

We head out tomorrow morning for our trip to Alabama. We will be flying to Huntsville and meeting up with my parents and brother to spend a few days with my mom's family. Then we will drive with my parents to Georgia to spend a few days with my dad's family and then drive back to Alabama for a little while longer and then fly home on Sunday. Today we are doing tons of laundry and list-making and packing. Wow, there's a lot of stuff involved when traveling with a baby!!!

If I may ask a favor, please, please pray for us as we travel! I have already shared how much I adore flying (see, I'm trying to be positive!) and traveling with a three month old just kind of adds to the craziness of it all. Fortunately, Paul is super excited and jumps at the chance to travel by plane any time he can, so his enthusiasm is usually {somewhat} contagious. But we would all greatly appreciate your prayers. I will try to update the blog while we are gone, but if not, stay tuned for many many pictures of Charlie with all of his extended family on my side! :)

Oh and just to throw it in there...


... a picture of a very sleepy boy after a very busy morning at church that involved lots of fussing and sweating (on my part!) and hardly any sleeping. :) Have a good blog-week, friends, see you next week!


6 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hope y'all have a wonderful time!!! Will be praying for you and the plane ride. It will be fantastic. :)

As for church...I think it is time for Charlie to visit the nursery. It's not worth all those sweat and tears.

Erica said...

It'll be great! Don't you worry if Charlie cries on the plane. He has just as much right to be there as anybody else!!!! Have fun!

Oh, and I didn't know there is a Huntsville, Alabama. So when I read your blog, I was thinking, why fly to Huntsville? That is so close to Conroe! haha. And then drive all the way to Georgia!? I get it now. Huntsville, Alamama. Not Texas.

Post pics!

Bethany said...

Thanks for the prayers & encouragement! And as for the nursery thing... Ashley, I think you're right! :)

Teri Dufilho said...

bethany, we are praying for not only a safe trip, but for peace for you and a contented charlie on the plane.... see you in the morning!

Team Dale said...

Praying for you and your sweet family...BENADRYL works for mommy and baby(Just thought I throw that out there!) I have your PYREX...I will bring it over when you get back if you want.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I found your blog through Amy's blog site!! It looks great!!! I would have never guessed your apprehension about flying!! Hey - I totally feel the same way about roller coasters!! I know it is completely irrational - especially when I see the height restrictions are for like 5 year olds! haha! and then I see 6 yr. old kids raising their hands as they are plummeting down the track and I just duck my head into the shoulder of the unlucky person sitting beside me -haha... but seriously though, sometimes God uses our fears - albeit irrational some of them are - to draw us so much closer to Him and to remind us how totally in control He is and we are not - and as frightening as that sometimes sounds - I like it much better that way - ahha...how messed up would my life be if I had to be in control -haha...well have a wonderful time on your trip and we look forward to lots of pics!! love ya! corene