Friday, January 30, 2009
1. My bathroom is halfway painted and has been that way for about a week now.
2. I LOVE coffee and sweets
3. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to blogging, gmail, and facebook
4. I worry a lot about not being a good mother
5. I'm afraid of flying
6. I am a nightowl- I can be exhausted all day long and then start to perk up around 9 pm
7. I never knew how much I would love Charlie and how much he would change my life until I saw him for the first time.
8. I still can't believe I'm an adult, a wife, and a mother. I still feel like I'm in high school a lot of the time.
9. Since staying home with Charlie, I've gotten really into decorating and am constantly rearranging and re-painting things in my house.
10. Sleeping in and going to the movies randomly are the only things I miss about our pre-Charlie days.
11. I love to sing and start to feel depressed if I haven't sung in a while
12. I just won some chandelier shades on ebay at the last second and my heart is beating so fast!!13. I'm pretty sure I watch too much tv.
14. I'm starting MOPs this week and am excited and nervous about making new friends.
15. I'm an army brat and moved about 13 times growing up and went to 3 different high schools
16. I have lived in this house with Paul longer than I have lived any other place. (four years)
17. Lately I've been trying really hard to be more transparent with people about myself and my faith in Christ
18. I played the Good Witch in the Wizard of Oz in high school.
19. I always try to think of new baby names (no, I'm not pregnant, nor do I want to be right now!!)
20. I don't really know any of my neighbors and feel kind of bad about that.
21. My love language is words of affirmation
22. I don't really worry about germs, but sometimes worry that i should!
23. I am more in love with Paul today than i was the day we got married.
24. I was put on high risk insurance in college and am STILL not allowed to drive my parents cars (according to their insurance) even though I haven't been in an accident that was my fault in over five years!!
25. My heart is STILL beating fast over that ebay win. :)
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- Yes, he's crawling!!! That last video is nothing compared to the crawling he can do now. He still doesn't have the confidence to see something far away and go for it, but if you dangle a toy in front of him, he'll crawl all over the place trying to get it... feels a little cruel at times, but i eventually do let him get the toy. :)
- I'm going back to the gym more frequently... I kind of fell off the wagon over the holidays. And now I've been trying week after week to come up with the perfect naptime formula: I have found that if I put Charlie down about three hours after he wakes up, he takes an hour and a half nap... unless he falls asleep in the car for even a minute! So usually after going to the gym and falling asleep in the car, he only takes about a 45 minute nap. But today, I am proud to say, WE DID IT!! He is currently taking a long nap post gym... after me tickling and dangling toys behind me while driving to keep him awake... I was being safe, I promise.
- Charlie and I just spent a great weekend in San Antonio with my family and Charlie had his first trip to the zoo! He actually did great and loved every minute, as he loves being outside and looking at birds. It really got his elbows goin'. Which is what happens when he is very excited and is now how we describe the feeling of being excited. As in, "Lost is coming back tonight- that really gets my elbows goin'."
- Speaking of Lost, TV is probably a lot of the reason I haven't been blogging as much... there are just too many good shows on right now! The Bachelor & 24 on Mondays, Biggest Loser on Tuesdays, Lost on Wednesdays, and 30 Rock & The Office on Thursdays. And oh yeah, Americal Idol is back! Which I haven't even started watching yet because until Hollywood Week I just can't fit it into my busy tv schedule. By the way, if you're watching the Bachelor, you've got to read I Hate Green Beans. Hilarious.
- Yesterday on our way home from San Antonio, we listened to the inauguration on the radio. Charlie had started crying for lunch and I found a place to stop right before President Obama was sworn in and began his speech. So I parked, got Charlie out, and nursed him in the front seat and then fed him his food while he sat in the passenger seat. I know he doesn't get it at all but it was important to me for us both to hear it and for me to remember what Charlie was doing at this historic time in our nation so that I can tell him about it one day.
That's what's up with us lately! I'm sure more Charlie pics and milestones will soon follow! :)
Friday, January 9, 2009
Today, Charlie is 9 months old! I know I say it every month, but WOW time is flying. It seems like every day we watch him learn something new. Playing with him becomes more and more fun every time we sit down with him. He's babbling more, becoming braver with trying to move, and eating finger foods! Here are three little videos of his newest tricks... (notice my amazement and "how did you learn how to do that?!" in the last two...and the last one explains my title for this post)
Happy 9 Months Charlie!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009
Here are a few more pics from the weekend