Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
2. I *think* the Furminator is actually working. I'll probably need to furminate her a couple times a week for it to do any good... but anything is better than the hairy mess we had before. Thanks to those of you who commented and helped me figure the thing out.
3. Finally, thank you so much for all the kind comments on my last post! Since staying home with Charlie, my house has become somewhat of a project for me (since it is what I look at all day) and it was so sweet of you all to leave those nice comments! By the way... did anyone notice? The Nester herself left me a comment and said I was an "A student." Wow! If only she could see my house right now. That whole de-cluttering thing? Umm, yeah, about that. A little difficult to maintain! :o)
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Recently she has posted a series on "10 Minutes to a Room You'll Love" offering quick, easy tips to making your home a cozier, tidier, homier place using things you already have or can easily/cheaply find! And with a motto like hers "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful!" I am SO on board.
So here are the few things I did around my house based on her suggestions (and I didn't go back to see all of your exact words, Nester, so forgive me if I'm a little off- I'm hoping I got at least the general idea) I say, as if the Nester herself will actually read this!!! Oooh I hope she does, I think I will just die. :)
1. Bring the outdoors in: these are my little mossy balls I made for some candle stick holders using foam balls, moss in a bag, and a hot glue gun! True Nester style.
2. Make the Bed/Use Pillows: I know mom, you're wondering why I listen to the Nester and not you all those years... but even before this post, I've been making my bed... I get it now... everything just feels better when the bed is made.
3. Use Lamps instead of that overhead light: ahhh just feels cozier, like you want to snuggle up and read a book.
4. Use a lamp in the bathroom: I like the coziness of the lamplight, but does that cord look a little scary??? At least the soft lighting distracts a little of the mess of all my products in the basket above it.
5. Use fabric in the bathroom- OK I know this sheer little thing just barely qualifies as fabric, but it was all I had... and its definitely better than nothing!
7. Use something pretty in the kitchen- We don't have an actual dining room, just a breakfast nook off the kitchen. I've tried to pretty/cozy it up the best I can and I LOVE my new chandelier my hubby got me for Christmas.
8. Open up the blinds/use natural light- we've never had blinds on this window but I did have a sheer curtain over the middle that I finally got rid off- everything's just brighter now, I love it!
9. Use Fire- I absolutely love this candle... its called "Fresh Cotton" and its from Wal-Mart! It just has the freshest scent in the world and my husband loves it too. Don't you like how you can see the perfectly good, unused fireplace in the background? Well because of our crawling little boy, this is the way we use fire now. :)
10. De-clutter everything. My dresser had become the landing spot for basically every piece of jewelry and hair thing I owned. Now it is all neatly put away and added to it a lamp for some ambiance, and a sweet note from my husband in a frame and voila! Much better.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
That's a far cry from the picture on the website, which actually is kind of disturbing. Okay, really disturbing.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height...
Because you made me chocolate chip pancakes with turkey bacon to my delight.
I love thee for the roses, beautiful in red and pink...
I love you because you love me even though I left a bunch of dirty dishes in the sink.
And you let me eat like half of them- I know we'll never part.
But mostly I love you just because of who you are...
This life we live is love to me and I pray you're never far.
The way you live, the sacrifices made,
Thursday, February 12, 2009
So those of you that have any opinion on the issue or had this decision to make with your own kiddo... what do you think?
Oh and one more pic, just because it was funny... sometimes when we're walking I like to pick up those little house flyers in the yard of houses that are for sale... just out of curiosity (we're not planning on moving or anything). So yesterday I gave one to Charlie, and he sat there like this for the rest of the walk "reading" the paper, jabbering the whole way... it was hilarious.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Here are a couple from today... its getting harder and harder to get a good picture of this little boy on the move!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!