Monday, March 31, 2008
So I have another appointment scheduled for Monday April 7th. April 7th. I cried when the receptionist wrote out the appointment card for me. I am supposed to have had a baby by then!!!! Anyway, I'm hanging on to the fact that he will definitely be here within 2 weeks, as my doctor will not let me go past 42 weeks, even if I still haven't progressed. He is healthy, and I am trying to enjoy every minute of being pregnant with him. Thank you to those of you who have told me you are praying for me, I really really appreciate it. I'm trying to be patient, but sometimes feel a little like I am going crazy.
I am thankful that we didn't have to make a decision about inducing today because I just didn't know what I wanted to do... or what I should do. I really wanted the doctor to either tell me we had to induce or that we had to wait. So here we are... waiting.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
At the baby shower for my friend Alisha who is about 35 weeks along.
And I will subject myself to it all again as I go to church this morning. I really do love our church and am soooo thankful for all the people that love us so much... but I asked Paul if I could go incognito today, just to go unnoticed and avoid all the comments/questioning. He suggested I get one of those pairs of eyeglasses with the big nose and mustache attached. Think that will work? ;)
Friday, March 28, 2008
1. What is your occupation? School Psychologist
2. What color are your socks right now? not wearing socks
3. What are you listening to right now? What Not to Wear on tv
4. What was the last thing you had to eat? Yogurt and a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwhich
5. Can you drive a stick shift? nope
6. What color would you be if you were a color? ummm yellow? I don't know.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Paul
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I LOVE her!
9. How old are you today? 24
10. Favorite drink? Coke Zero
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? I don't like to watch any sport, but if I had to pick... golf because it makes for a really great nap.
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? yes... in fact, right now its "two-toned" because I highlighted it stupidly right before I got pregnant and then didn't want to subject baby boy to all the chemicals and fumes... one more reason I'm ready for him to get off his lazy head and come out!!! And I mean that in a nice way. ;)
13. Pets? Daisy the Dog
14. Favorite food? Pizza and any combination of peanut butter and chocolate
15. Last movie you watched at a movie theater? Vantage Point
16. What do you do to vent anger? sometimes keep my cool long enough to leave the room and take some deep breaths, and sometimes say things I later regret
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? Cricket, the big scary doll that you put a tape into her back and she talks and reads books to you.
18. Cherry or Blueberry? blueberry
19. What is your favorite fall or spring? spring
20. Do you want your friends to email you back? or post on their blog... yes!
21. Who is most likely to respond? to steal Robin's responses on these two...errrr….
22. Who is least likely to respond? ummmm…
23. When was the last time you cried? Last night when I went to bed again with not having had a baby.
26. Favorite smell? baking bread
27. Plain cheese or spicy hamburgers? cheese
28. Favorite cat breed? there are cat breeds?
29. Number of keys on your key ring? too many
30. How many years at your current job? one
31. Favorite day of the week? Saturday!
32. How many states have you lived in? seven... I'm an army bratt
I'm tagging anyone who's reading this and wants to do it!
Maybe I'll watch it... or maybe I'll be having a baby, you never know! ;)
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
March 2006- 2nd Anniversary in Austin
March 2007 - 3rd Anniversary in Houston
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Sunday, March 16, 2008
"For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; and when we see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him. He is despised and rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised and we did not esteem Him. Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned, every one, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all."
Thank you, Lord.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Okay maybe I'm waaaaay behind the times because as soon as I heard of her, I started hearing her all over the radio, but have you guys heard of Sara Bareilles??? Her song "Love Song" is one of my new favorite songs. I bought the whole album but haven't really had a chance to get into all of it yet. We don't have any blank cd's so I have yet to burn it and take it with me everywhere, which is how I usually get connected to a new album. But Love Song is just such a fun, catchy song. I first heard her on the Today Show and didn't realize how mainstream she was becoming already. I'm pretty sure she writes everything herself and she plays piano and guitar too... true talent that I can respect!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Friday, March 7, 2008
How long have you been together? Together since July 2001, married since March 2004
How old is your man? 27
Who eats more? Probably me since I've been pregnant!
Who is taller? Paul is by about three inches
Who is smarter? He is- I call him my human calculator. ;)
Whose temper is worse? Mine
Who does the laundry? Me- that's a "pink" issue in our house.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does
Who mows the lawn? Blue issue!!!
Who cooks dinner? Paul
Who is most stubborn? Me
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? He is
Whose spends more time in front of the mirror? Me
Who kissed who first? He would argue with you on this but I say it was he kissed me!!!
Who proposed? He did... he wrote me a song!!!
Who has more siblings? Me
Who prays at the dinner table? Usually him, but sometimes me.
Who wears the pants in the family? I sometimes like to think I do, but when it comes down to it, its him. ;)
Stripes over the closet
Tree over the crib- Paul painted this using a picture from Pottery Barn and an overhead projector! I love it!!!
Glider from Robin- recovered by Teri (my mother in law) and painted white.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
I have to admit, yesterday, I thought this would be pretty easy. But when I got the comment from Robin that it wasn't an easy first project, and later got an e-mail from my loving mother-in-law offering to help, I started to lose my confidence! Now it did take me SEVERAL hours tonight, but I'm thinking the rest will be a little quicker. I'll have to work on those another night though... my back and neck are aching!!! This project involved a lot of sitting on the floor to pin and hunching over the sewing machine... a little difficult with this little boy in my belly!!! :) Anyway, here are a few pics of the first attempt...
Monday, March 3, 2008
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Saturday, March 1, 2008
The directions - Share five random and/or weird facts about yourself, and then share the five top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list, and finally tag five people.
1. I would be REALLY excited to have Charlie born on my birthday, April 4th. I know, that would mean he was a few days late, and that would mean my birthday would forever take a backseat to whatever celebration we were having for him. But I just think it would be so awesome to share that with him and wouldn't that just be the BEST birthday present ever???
2. I am really scared of flying. Its kind of crazy, but I'm working really hard to get over it. As a psychologist, I know in my head that this fear is irrational and that flying is statistically safer than driving. But my emotions and my body cannot be convinced of this as I am floating in the air in a large metal vehicle!! And it hasn't been my entire life... only the last few years. I mean, my dad's in the army, so I used to live in Germany and even flew to the other side of the world- Kazakhstan- when I was in college!!! The night before our wedding, I called Paul to see if there was any way we could DRIVE to Cancun for our honeymoon. Haha, there was not, unfortunately. While there was a time that I thought I could never fly again, I have made great improvements and have flown several times successfully. But still when I think about flying... I'm scared!
3. I LOVE coffee and it used to be one of my best friends before I got pregnant. Decaf just doesn't do it for me the way regular used to! I can't wait to get back to you, old friend!
4. When I quit caffeine over the summer, just before I was pregnant, I was soooo addicted that I had horrible headaches and sciatic nerve pains in my legs for a week!!!!
5. My first dog's name was B.J.- he was a shetland sheepdog. I was six or seven and just looked at him and said we should call him B.J. Later, when my mom was completing the paperwork to keep him registered with AKC, she had to come up with what the initials stood for... Bethany's Jewel. :)
Places to go:
1. Australia. Robin- I would loooove to go there too!!! I've just got to psych myself up (or knock myself out) for the 30-something hour plane ride! :)
2. Hawaii definitely- I just love beachy vacations!
3. Back to NYC
4. Alaska- I've always thought one of those Alaskan cruises would be amazing.
5. France- I've been all over Europe, but never to France.
I'm new to this and don't have a ton of blog friends... soooo, if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!!