Monday, March 14, 2011

Bethany, Artist Extraordinaire

I have never considered myself in the least bit artistic... creative, maybe; but artist?  No way.  I just have never been able to translate something from my brain into a piece of art using my hands.  Paul lovingly calls me "the gorilla" when it comes to things like painting details or using a steady hand for anything.  The whole hand-eye coordination just doesn't come naturally for me.  So when I heard that our MOPs group was having a painting party, I thought I would go along, have a good time, hang out kid-free with some girls... little did I know I would come home with a piece of art... created by ME!  

Here is our little group at Painting with a Twist

Our group painted the picture "Looking Up."  We were walked through each step by an instructor.

And here is my finished product!  

I have to say, when I was painting it, I didn't think I'd actually want to hang it in my house, but now that its here, I LOVE it!  There's just something about knowing that I painted that myself!  

So, where to hang it?  I really don't have any "art" like this in my house.  I'm usually not attracted to paintings, and everything we have on our walls are photographs, a few prints, mirrors, and old windows.

 Right now I just have it hung over the mirror in the dining room.


Maybe it will inspire me to paint something else... or to at least try something new every once in a while!
post signature

5 comments:

Lacey said...

Looks Great Bethany!! I love that place. I have been there twice in the last month and can't wait to go again!

Unknown said...

How fun! I've always wanted to learn how to paint...how cool to have something you painted hanging in your home. :)

Lover Boy and Beloved said...

I love it! That sounds like a really cool place!

Teri Dufilho said...

love it, bethany!.....i'm looking forward to getting in touch with my "inner artist" later this month! :)

Rachel said...

Oh, I love the finished product!