One month old!
Charlie turned one month on May 9th! I can't even believe how big he's gotten...
- We had him weighed and he's 10.5 pounds already!
- He's already wearing size 1 diapers and has pretty much grown out of all the little newborn outfits and is fitting into most 0-3 month stuff.
- He's also losing his hair in the front. Every day when I look at him it seems like there's a little less hair on his forehead. Poor baby... its still so long and thick in the back, Paul says he's getting a "skullet."
- He has just started tracking people with his eyes- turning his head to look at Paul and following him with his eyes as he walks to the other side of the room! He also looked at his mobile in his crib for the first time today! He actually noticed the little elephants turning above him!
- He's starting to make these precious little "big boy noises" as we call them- little coos and ahhs and goos! Along with all the other newborn grunting that never seems to end-which is the reason that I'm planning for tonight to be his first night in his crib (he's been sleeping in the pack 'n play in our room, but the grunting keeps me awake!)
I can't believe how fast he's growing and as tired as I am, I want to cherish every moment of this newborn time.Losing my brain!
I've heard that brain cells are lost in pregnancy and childbirth and now I am experiencing first hand that this is the truth. And it is compounded by the lack of sleep in the first few months leading to a complete loss of brain function at this time. The other day I completely forgot sweet Ashley was bringing us dinner and left the house only to have her arrive and have to leave it on our porch! That same day, I forgot a friend was coming over to see Charlie (within 5 minutes after she called to tell me) and put him down for a nap just before she arrived. Also that same day, when leaving the hospital after weighing Charlie, I walked up to the completely wrong car and tried to open it and was appalled by a huge scratch on the side of it that I had never seen! Well I had never seen it because it was not my car. Do the brain cells ever return???
Mother's Day/Baby Dedication
Today is my first Mother's Day and it has been so fantastic. My parents and brother came into town for the weekend and we also dedicated Charlie to the Lord at church today. It was his first time at church and he slept through the whole service! Yes!! I had everything perfectly timed as to when I was feeding him so he would hopefully be content during the dedication and was he ever! Sleeping so peacefully in my arms! We then had lunch with my family and Paul's parents. It was a great day.
In case you don't know... our baby dedication is our way of presenting Charlie to the church and to the Lord. Its a way of saying that we want to raise him to know the Lord and pray that one day he would know salvation through Christ. We prayed for him and the other babies being dedicated as a church and the church prayed for us as parents. It was a really special day!
All ready for church! All I can think is... Hurry up and get him in there while he's happy and before he spits up all over his outfit!
"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying 'this is the way; walk in it.'"