Well, for this next episode, it's something completely different. I just got a new camera, a Canon 7d, and I wanted to put not only the food, but the camera on display as well, so I didn't muddy up the video with me talking about a bunch of stuff...just video and music. The recipe for the dough is below and if you watch the video carefully, I pretty much go through the entire process step by step. I hope you enjoy not only the pizza, but the video too.
**Disclaimer: I think this made a little too much dough for me, which you can see the crust really get big in the video. I normally prefer my pizza crust thinner than that, but it may work out for you depending on the size of your pizza stone. I think doing a 3/4 recipe would be just about right, but experiment for yourself.**
- 12 oz. all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package quick rise dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Pour out the dough onto an unfloured counter or surface. Form the dough by using the same method seen here, in my cinnamon roll episode.
- Put in a lightly floured bowl and let it rise for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, preheat your oven to it's highest temperature. (Mine was 500 F)
- Gently remove the dough from the bowl onto a floured surface and stretch the dough to the desired size.
- Place any and all desired toppings on the dough and cook in the oven for 8 - 12 minutes, depending on the temperature of your oven. Just keep an eye on it. Enjoy!