Monday, February 7, 2011

Sick Days & Snow Days

We've had quite the week around here since my last post.  Both kids picked up some kind of nasty virus back to back that had us sleepless, cleaning up vomit, and sitting in front of the TV most days.  By the end of the week, things were looking up health-wise and Paul got a day off work for the snow/ice that was supposedly headed our way.  Since we couldn't get out much, we did the usual sick day/snow day activities... a few crafts, a little baking, tent making, a lot of reading, and a little snowman building...





With the snow on its way, I attempted one of those cutout snowflakes that we all learned in grade school, you know what I'm talking about?  Yeah, guess I need to go back to grade school.  My first attempt looked more like some kind of weird spider...

 My second attempt was a little better, but still not very snowflake-y

 Third time, not much better.  Seriously, can someone give me a lesson?

 Oh and just keeping it real, here was my attire for most of the week- some form of comfy/sweats or pajamas (picture by Charlie).  Maybe I should have just looked at my pants to know what a snowflake looks like.

Fortunately, I did remember how to fold paper and cut out a heart...



When the snow finally came, we woke up to a slight dusting of our deck.  It was just enough to make this little boy, who was finally feeling better, pretty excited...
 I think his Daddy was a little excited too...

How do you spend snow days & sick days?  I learned something about myself- snow/cold and being stuck in the house all day makes me want to bake and eat.  Its a good thing we live in south Texas or I might weigh 300 pounds! :) Here's to warmer weather and getting back into a routine...
post signature

5 comments:

Regan said...

I'm so jealous y'all got that little dusting of snow, nothing stuck at our house! I'm no good at snowflakes either but I used to play at it on this website quite often! http://snowflakes.barkleyus.com/index.html
Hope to see you at Bible Study!

Teri Dufilho said...

glad everyone's back to good health and ready for warmer weather.....love the mantel art, and those are probably what snowflakes REALLY look like under a microscope!

Lacey said...

We got NOTHING!! I am pretty sure we have one more cold snap before we call it a season. But Spring is definitely around the corner!! Hoping your clan is all better!! We have had it flying around our house for 11 days. blahh!!

meganlagoy.blogspot.com said...

Glad you all are feeling better. It looks like you had a lot of fun in spite of it all...can I be in your family? ;)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fun snow/sick day! Love all the creative art work. . .especially that spider snowflake!! Good job helping your mommy decorate the house, Charlie!