Thursday, October 16, 2008

Where I've Been/Halloween Costumes Part Two

After a fun weekend in San Antonio, we all came back sick. Paul's started out as allergies and Charlie and I had sniffles and stuffy noses. Charlie had his six month appointment Monday where it appeared he had the beginnings of an ear infection... plus shots, which equals fever for him. Meanwhile, my sniffles and stuffines have turned into a full blown cold and Paul woke up this morning thinking his is taking a turn for the worse too. So, yay, fun! My house is covered in boxes of Kleenex and crumpled up ones over flowing the trashcans (and the coffee table and bedside tables)... yikes.



Here's a picture with his poor little shot fever and stuffy nose


And in other news... our Halloween costumes are coming along well!!


Move over Leanne, I've got my Simplicity Beginner's Choice Level Two pattern from 1981 and I'm on a roll.



Quote from the beginning of the instructions:

"Smart you, you're about to sew something wonderful! Something that will fit better, look better, and be of better quality than things you buy. But, more importantly sewing will give you hours of pleasure and satisfaction. "


Umm, did that say hours?? Uh-oh, what did I get myself into!!!???

6 comments:

Dacia said...

lol! i have sewed a lot in my lifetime and yes, it is always hours and more hours. and that quote is funny to me too because the things i make don't always "fit better" or "feel better" or are better quality. but, i do enjoy it and i hope you do too! can't wait to see the finished products!

also, hope you and your fam feels better soon!

Teri Dufilho said...

oh, that's the most adorable little buddah-belly pose he's got there......look at that cute little cherub face!...... but you can see the slight "i'm sick" look in his eyes... :( it's ok, charlie, you'll be all better soon!

Teri Dufilho said...

bethany, forgot to tell you that i have all the faith in the world in your apron-making-abilities!.... i think they just meant to say "minutes" instead of "hours".... :)

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Your son is ADORABLE!! What a cutie!! I used heavy lining fabric for the window treatment. I got mine at Joanns for $5.99 a yard, 40% off! ;) Let me know if you try it!

Bush Family said...

Hope ya'll feel better soon! I feel your pain!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, I wish I could sew. You are creative and brave and determined. I'm not so much any of those things. No sewing for me! What a cute idea!