Recently she has posted a series on "10 Minutes to a Room You'll Love" offering quick, easy tips to making your home a cozier, tidier, homier place using things you already have or can easily/cheaply find! And with a motto like hers "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful!" I am SO on board.
So here are the few things I did around my house based on her suggestions (and I didn't go back to see all of your exact words, Nester, so forgive me if I'm a little off- I'm hoping I got at least the general idea) I say, as if the Nester herself will actually read this!!! Oooh I hope she does, I think I will just die. :)
1. Bring the outdoors in: these are my little mossy balls I made for some candle stick holders using foam balls, moss in a bag, and a hot glue gun! True Nester style.
2. Make the Bed/Use Pillows: I know mom, you're wondering why I listen to the Nester and not you all those years... but even before this post, I've been making my bed... I get it now... everything just feels better when the bed is made.
3. Use Lamps instead of that overhead light: ahhh just feels cozier, like you want to snuggle up and read a book.
4. Use a lamp in the bathroom: I like the coziness of the lamplight, but does that cord look a little scary??? At least the soft lighting distracts a little of the mess of all my products in the basket above it.
5. Use fabric in the bathroom- OK I know this sheer little thing just barely qualifies as fabric, but it was all I had... and its definitely better than nothing!
7. Use something pretty in the kitchen- We don't have an actual dining room, just a breakfast nook off the kitchen. I've tried to pretty/cozy it up the best I can and I LOVE my new chandelier my hubby got me for Christmas.
8. Open up the blinds/use natural light- we've never had blinds on this window but I did have a sheer curtain over the middle that I finally got rid off- everything's just brighter now, I love it!
9. Use Fire- I absolutely love this candle... its called "Fresh Cotton" and its from Wal-Mart! It just has the freshest scent in the world and my husband loves it too. Don't you like how you can see the perfectly good, unused fireplace in the background? Well because of our crawling little boy, this is the way we use fire now. :)
10. De-clutter everything. My dresser had become the landing spot for basically every piece of jewelry and hair thing I owned. Now it is all neatly put away and added to it a lamp for some ambiance, and a sweet note from my husband in a frame and voila! Much better.