Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike

It looks like we are going to be on the "dirty side" of Ike and have decided to hunker down. We live far enough north that we have been told to stay put, even though we could still face 75+ mph winds. We left the area during hurricane Rita a few years ago (which happened just after Katrina) and returned to find that hardly anything had hit our area. So this time, Paul is determined to stay. I just got back from Target, which was surprisingly uncrowded, and got a few canned goods, some water, and batteries. I just hope the power isn't out too long because I've got about 50 ounces of breastmilk in the freezer!!! Ack! Do you know how many hours of pumping that is for me??? It will be a very sad thing if I have to throw it all away...
And as for an update on the progress of our deck: here are three of the six beautiful posts that will hopefully be holding up the roof portion of our new deck... if they are all still there on Sunday!!! Here is a picture to record the work done by Paul, K, and another friend M. Only time will tell...

2 comments:

Emma Days said...

Yeah, I think we are going to have to reschedule our double date!!!! Aw, man!

Robin said...

If you need to evacuate, you can always come here... no hurricanes in our neck of the woods.