Tuesday, March 4, 2008

One Down... (and four to go)

Okay I am completely amazed that I was able to actually make this thing!!! I just finished the first basket liner and I actually think it looks good! Now if you pull it out and look at all the corners and edges, its clearly home-made, but on the basket itself full of diapers, it actually looks great!!!!

I have to admit, yesterday, I thought this would be pretty easy. But when I got the comment from Robin that it wasn't an easy first project, and later got an e-mail from my loving mother-in-law offering to help, I started to lose my confidence! Now it did take me SEVERAL hours tonight, but I'm thinking the rest will be a little quicker. I'll have to work on those another night though... my back and neck are aching!!! This project involved a lot of sitting on the floor to pin and hunching over the sewing machine... a little difficult with this little boy in my belly!!! :) Anyway, here are a few pics of the first attempt...

5 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hi Bethany!!!! I think your liners look WONDERFUL!!!! I admit that I got a sewing machine about 3 years ago for my birthday, and it has never been touched. My mother made a lot of my clothes as well, so she reminds me often that I should drag the thing out and learn. Maybe one day. :) Anyway, I love the materialyou picked out. Hope you are doing well. You need to bring that sweet boy to Pokeeno when he arrives. :) Take care.
-Ashley (Carly's friend)

Teri Dufilho said...

bethany, it looks great!....soo cute!.....i love the fabric, too... each one should get easier now!......love you...

Carly O'Quinn said...

"Sew"cute....ok, I couldn't resist! I think you did a fantastic job. The changing table looks great.

I'll see you Sat.

Anonymous said...

Look how cute! I am so impressed... I remember having the same feelings that you did - the corners aren't perfect, but those diapers cover that up.
Amazing for your first attempt sewing.

Rachel Cobb said...

Very cute! Great fabric!