Monday, March 3, 2008

This Week's Project

In order to keep my sanity this week, my next project is to make basket liners for the changing table baskets! I did as much as I could on the scrapbook for now... more will come later after the baby is here (I know, I know, probably won't happen for a while, but that's my plan!).

We got a great changing table from Robin (can you tell I learned how to do links today??), but the liners match the bedding she used, not Charlie's. So, I am being very ambitious and attempting my very FIRST sewing project ever! I got a sewing machine for Christmas last year (yes over a year ago) but have yet to make anything at all! So I pulled it out tonight and started taking apart one of the old basket liners to figure out how this is going to work.


I haven't bought fabric yet because I figured I should see if I was even going to be able to work the sewing machine, haha. But after about three hours of playing around with it, I think I've got at least a basic stitch down! So tomorrow, I'll head to the fabric store and then begin my first project. I'm feeling very domestic and motherly. My mom used to make me clothes! Now I don't know if I'll ever be to that point, but at least this is a start! I'll post more pics as the basket liners develop...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to see how they turn out. (Not the easiest first project - I had a hard time making those liners.) Good luck.